Embermitre announced earlier today that Hanping Chinese English Dictionary Pro 2.0 has been released, available for £4.99 in the Android Market Place. We reviewed the free Lite version of Hanping a few weeks back here on Chinese Hacks, and rated it as probably the best free dictionary for Android at the moment. While the Pro version isn’t free, from the release log it does seem to address a lot of the issues we brought up:
- Complete overhaul of the UI/UX
- Lots more built-in word lists (e.g. HSK)
- Multiple user lists. So no longer have to put all favorites in one place
- In Single Entry screen, hanzi is now clickable. Click on a character and the longest word starting with that character, will be shown. For example, when the Single Entry screen is showing 女朋友, if you click the 朋, then the entry for 朋友 will be shown. If you then click 朋, then the entry for 朋 will be shown
- Better handling of situation where search term language is ambiguous – no longer shows the two English/Pinyin buttons on the line below.
Although there weren’t any screenshots on the Embermitre blog, we snagged these from the Android Market Place: